A day after Congress President Rahul Gandhi said that there was “enough evidence” to prosecute Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the Rafale deal controversy, the former on Thursday addressed the media over the same.
“Gayab ho gaya hai (missing) is the new line these days. 2 crore jobs are missing, fair MSPs for farmers are missing, Businesses are missing due to GST. And today, Rafale files are missing,” Gandhi said.
Below are the highlights from Rahul Gandhi’s address:
They say they want to investigate media for missing Rafale files, but they don’t want to investigate the person who stole ₹30,000Cr, and who conducted parallel negotiations in Rafale deal, for which there is proof
Basically, everything is done to safeguard Narendra Modi
- Everyone is equal under law. On one hand you are saying, documents are missing, which implies these are authentic documents. Documents clearly state that Narendra Modi conducted parallel negotiation
- Investigate on the missing documents, but also investigate Narendra Modi for his actions filed in those missing documents
- The contents of the files have clearly stated that the Prime Minister started a parallel negotiation and delivery of Rafale aircrafts was delayed because of his intention to benefit Anil Ambani
- It’s a blatant case of corruption, it is written clearly that the PM of India is carrying out a parallel negotiation. Why should there not be a criminal investigation?
- The problem in India is, there is a criminal investigation only on people who oppose PM Modi
- If PM is not guilty, why doesn’t he himself agree for an investigation? Why did he refuse to form a Joint Parliamentary Committee?
Taking to Twitter yesterday, Gandhi wrote, “There is now enough evidence to prosecute the PM in the #RafaleScam. The trail of corruption begins & ends with him. That crucial Rafale files incriminating him are now reported “stolen” by the Govt, is destruction of evidence & an obvious cover up. #FIRagainstCorruptModi.”
There is now enough evidence to prosecute the PM in the #RafaleScam.
The trail of corruption begins & ends with him.
That crucial Rafale files incriminating him are now reported “stolen” by the Govt, is destruction of evidence & an obvious coverup. #FIRagainstCorruptModi
— Rahul Gandhi (@RahulGandhi) March 6, 2019