On the first day of his two-day visit to the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Congress president Rahul Gandhi interacted with Indian workers in Dubai and said that he has come there to listen to their ‘mann ki baat.’
Some highlights from his address:
- You have illuminated the name of every religion, every state and every caste
- We want to talk to you. I have not come here to talk about my mann ki baat, I have come to listen to your mann ki baat
- Someone said here, a big man has come to meet us. Nobody is a big man. I’m just like you
- I want to tell you that we are standing with you. Whatever you need, whatever your problems are, wherever we can help you. We are ready to help you
- You helped India, Indian states and the poor and you worked to make this city, Dubai, which is known in the whole world, Dubai. I want to say thank you to you from my very heart
- You have given your blood, sweat and time to make this city, this country and you have made the people of India proud.
Gandhi, arrived in Dubai on Thursday evening, where Indians from across the city had gathered at the airport to greet the Congress president.
Earlier in the day, Gandhi met business leaders at a breakfast hosted by entrepreneur Sunny Varkey.
Khaleej Times reported that Gandhi will also be meeting UAE ministers during his two-day visit.
Gandhi would also be the “official chief guest” at the ‘Indo-Arab cultural programme’ to be held at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium on January 11.